Summary: As Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting, you are an important member of the finance leadership team at a nationally recognized insurance and financial services company. A newly created role, your ability to provide resources to the accounting team and delve into the group's daily operations is significant for the CAO, your boss who's focus needs to be on strategic initiatives, and greatly benefits your direct reports (includes the manager of technical accounting and the director of statutory financial reporting).
Responsibilities: Your ability, aptitude and interest in toggling between tactical and strategic responsibilities is perfect for this role. One minute you roll up your sleeves and dig into technical accounting issues. The next minute you step back to assess the bigger picture and assist in setting strategy.
- Run the statutory and GAAP quarterly financial close process. Prepare documents outlining state and GAAP earnings/capital forecasts and accounting/actuarial issues.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and annual supplementary reports to be filed with insurance departments and the NAIC.
- Prepare quarterly B-D filing with FINRA.
- Provide strategic insight on short and long-term projects accelerating financial close, improve automation and better utilize technology to enhance processes.
- Research and implement new accounting pronouncements. Ensure compliance with statutory accounting/reporting is adopted.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Master's in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant is required.
- 10 or more years of experience working in finance with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience preparing quarterly Broker/Dealer filings with FINRA.
- Insurance or financial services industry experience.
- Proven project management skills. Demonstrated track record of involvement with process improvements.