Summary: As Head of Commercial Brokerage Sales & Operations you have a unique opportunity to join a multi-national insurance firm as a senior leader. Reporting to the board of directors, you will develop and manage all aspects of the agency’s U.S. commercial lines practice (sales, administration, service and operations). Important attributes and strengths you offer include:
- Deep commercial property and casualty product knowledge
- Strong market partnerships and vendor relationships
- A vision for organic and acquisition-based growth
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Management: Develop and build a sales culture and a robust sales process. Support producers in new business origination, client retention and vertical market expansion.
- Marketing: Lead marketing efforts to strengthen important insurance company relationships, trouble shoot claims and client service issues.
- Operations: Enhance or rebuild current operations related to workflows and efficiencies in client service, risk management and technology. Prepare budgets. Manage P&L. Maximize resources.
- Staff Management: Guide employees in best practices, execute key initiatives and adhere to important policies and procedures. Oversee recruiting, training, employee development and career pathing.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree is required; Master's degree or MBA is preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive career experience with a proven leadership track record at a regional, national or international insurance brokerage.
- Demonstrated success in managing retail insurance agency sales operations.
- Ability to handle division operations including insurance company negotiations, vendor management, budget and staffing plans.