A full-service, independent insurance agency headquartered in Austin, group employee benefits drivers this diversified agency’s portfolio. This position is a critical opening due to new business coming in from the senior managing partner. They need your expertise as a Benefits Account Manager to be the relationship manager and orchestrate the tactical, day-to-day service work on a mixed book of business (small and large, fully-funded and self-insured clients).
The Important Role You Play as Employee Benefits Account Manager
- Crunching Numbers- Diving into the analysis of plan data, claims history, costs, quotes, discounts and rate guarantees.
- Relationship Management- Manage and maintain client relationship. Be client facing- visit with them on-site to conduct mid-year reviews and renewal planning.
- Keep the Process Moving- Walk accounts through the transition process to set up new accounts, cultivate insurance carrier relationships, prepare proposals and arrange internal files for accurate policy administration.
Insurance Experience We Are Looking For:
- Strong Group Medical Knowledge.
- Experience working with health insurance plans, data, underwriting and client management.
- State life and health insurance license
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.