Director Of Staff Underwriting Services
Our client underwrites specialty insurance products in niche areas of the commercial property and casualty, fidelity and surety and professional lines market segments. Their insurance products are available on both an admitted and non-admitted basis. They write business in all 50 states. They have consistently produced an underwriting profit and have an A (“Excellent”) rating from the A.M. Best. They presently offer an opportunity to join their organization within the Excess & Surplus department as the Director of Staff Underwriting Services. As Director of Underwriting Staff Services you will providing guidance and leadership to the staff services function and performing the following services: research and development of new markets and products (including forms); implement and manage significant initiatives such as entry into new lines of business; research and develop various policies and procedures applicable to underwriting of P&C business; audit P&C underwriting files for compliance with existing policies and procedures.
Director of Staff Underwriting Services Responsibilities
- Enhance Underwriting effectiveness by reviewing on a continuous basis underwriting policies and procedures.
- Assist in the proactive evaluation of current underwriting programs, the development of new underwriting programs and products, and recommending services and approaches to doing business that will ensure competitive market position.
- Implement new lines of coverage and products.
- Underwriting management to develop and implement underwriting strategy that
- identifies profitable market opportunities and new product development.
- Coordinate development of the company’s pricing policies and standards within the
- P&C product lines.
- Conduct periodic underwriting audits / product reviews on both line underwriting and
- General Agents for compliance with company guidelines, state regulations and
- reinsurance conditions.
- Manage the company’s product administration responsibilities regarding rate/form
- filing and agent licensing/appointment issues. Monitor changes in state requirements
- and insure that the company remains compliant with all state requirements.
- Manage the configuration of the company’s P&C policy administration system.
Director of Staff Underwriting Services Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years professional commercial lines underwriting and/or product management experience, with extensive experience in both product development and underwriting of all property and casualty lines of business, for both admitted and surplus lines products.
- Admitted and Surplus lines experience must come out of a large E&S player in the market.
Capstone Insurance Search Group is a search firm dedicated to the insurance industry. We work nationally with expertise that spans top executives, middle management and technical level positions. We can provide assistance with a variety of product lines to include Property and Casualty, Life, Health, Disability, Annuity, Employee Benefits and Pension. Our services exclusive to the insurance industry: Traditional Contingency solutions, Contract Employees solutions, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Customized Retained solutions. We will provide you with a service that is of the highest degree of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity.Email this Job