Position Summary: Remote, work-at-home job opening as Consulting Actuary for a health actuarial, management and underwriting consulting service firm. As part of this organization, you’ll support a full spectrum of individual and group medical and supplemental health coverage and products for private & public sector clients.
This is a remote, work-at-home position. Half of the company’s employees work off-site, so you will seamlessly integrate into their model.
Responsibilities as Consulting Actuary:
- Develop and maintain pricing, projection and valuation models and assumptions
- Organize, analyze, review and apply cost & utilization data in the pricing of Long-Term Care (LTC) insurance and other supplemental health insurance (disability, limited medical benefit, accident & hospital indemnity)
- Prepare actuarial filing materials for rate filings; assist with objections from state insurance departments
- Sign actuarial opinions
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- Credentialed as an Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries; member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- Ability to coordinate, prepare and perform complex actuarial analyses related to LTC and supplemental health insurance products
- Hands-on experience with GGY AXIS and VBA preferred