Commercial Lines Underwriting Trainee
Our client is an innovator in providing a wide variety of specialty and hard-to-place lines of insurance. They presently offer an opportunity to join their organization as a Commercial Lines Underwriting Trainee. Our client offers: The opportunity to work for a company that is recognized as one of WNY’s Best Places to Work four years running. Competitive benefits package, including 401k with company match. A fun, lively environment. Highly reputable, family-owned company.
Commercial Lines Underwriting Trainee Responsibilities
Once through training period will:
- Responsible for reviewing applications for all lines of commercial insurance to determine underwriting eligibility
- Reviews new and/or renewal business submissions, provide rate quotes for applications, and place acceptable risks with a wide array of carriers
- Through marketing efforts, must develop and solicit prospective new customers and maintain positive relationships with current customers both in and out of the office, as well as handle all client communication and inquiries regarding lines of business
Commercial Lines Underwriting Trainee Requirements
- Commercial lines insurance products knowledge ideal but not required.
- Demonstrated sales/marketing experience. Solid aptitude for sales.
- Experience using marketing as a tool to build strong customer relationships.
- Analytical and solid math skills.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
Capstone Insurance Search Group is a search firm dedicated to the insurance industry. We work nationally with expertise that spans top executives, middle management and technical level positions. We can provide assistance with a variety of product lines to include Property and Casualty, Life, Health, Disability, Annuity, Employee Benefits and Pension. Our services exclusive to the insurance industry: Traditional Contingency solutions, Contract Employees solutions, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Customized Retained solutions. We will provide you with a service that is of the highest degree of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity.
Email this Job
Who To Contact
Scot Dickerson, CPC – President(515) 987-0242 x452
Facebook LinkedIn Google Plus Twitter Email Scot Dickerson, CPC
As a managing producer Scot is very active in his consulting with CSG’s clients on technical and executive level search projects. In addition, he spearheads the company’s alternative recruitment divisions: Contract Employees Solutions and Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO). Scot is also a current board member and past president of the National Insurance Recruiter’s Association (NIRA).
Scot is a lifelong Iowan and a graduate of Iowa State University in Ames, IA. Scot is passionate about health, wellness and fitness. Outside of work, Scot loves to travel with his family and is very involved with all of his children’s activities.