An award winning, regional property/casualty insurance company with a six-state, Midwest marketing territory. For over 130 years, has enjoyed an outstanding reputation based on excellent customer service and top quality insurance products, backed by sound fiscal responsibility. A regional employer of choice that has been named to the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for each year since 2011.
The Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager will be part of the leadership team of the commercial lines underwriting department. Will lead an underwriting team in the pursuit of corporate and departmental goals including profitable growth, providing exceptional customer service, and personal/professional development. Develop and maintain key agency relationships within their territory.
The ideal Underwriting Manager will be an experienced underwriter, exceptional communicator, has proven ability to build positive relationships and make strategic decisions for the good of their team and customers.
Target experiences, achievements and skills…
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an experienced Commercial Lines Underwriter.
- Demonstrated success as a leader/supervisor providing work direction to a team of Underwriters.
- An ability to consistently apply underwriting concepts and practices within the property & casualty underwriting field.
- Detailed understanding of moderate to complex commercial underwriting and management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to convey clear & concise information to others utilizing excellent communication skills.