Commercial Lines Product Manager
Our client is one of the country’s largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. They currently offer an opportunity to join their product management team in the Cleveland, OH area. As a Commercial Lines Product Manager you will be responsible for top line growth and bottom line profit for the product you are accountable for in an assigned geographical territory. Create strategies and to direct the development of product pricing, underwriting and contract changes to achieve goals. Approves underwriting guideline changes and additions including form and coverage changes in assigned states.
Commercial Lines Product Manager Responsibilities
- Approves underwriting guideline changes and additions for assigned states.
- Manages policy forms for assigned states.
- Approves changes to broaden or restrict coverage.
- Responsible for ensuring changes are communicated to field services, operations, underwriting, marketing and system technology teams.
- Participates in rate review process.
- Coordinates rate reviews and changes with Actuarial.
- Makes pricing decisions including a rate change implementation plan.
- Assesses the impact on the in force book, new business production and agency force.
- Manages the development and review of recommendations concerning new coverages and contracts or revisions to existing contracts and endorsements.
- Evaluates the impact of product revisions on established operating standards including the effect proposed policies, procedures, and program changes have on profit and production prior to adoption.
- Conducts field travel to roll out new products and enhancements.
Commercial Lines Product Manager Requirements
- Four-year college degree required, CPCU or MBA/Advanced Degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of Commercial Lines Product Management experience required, may consider Commercial Underwriting experience.
- Will consider Personal Lines Product Management experience.
- Product Manager Position with Profit & Loss responsibility for all commercial lines (Business Package, Auto, and Workers Compensation) of growing Independent Agency and Exclusive Agency businesses.
- Should have product manager experience with multiple complex states and/or products
- Should have previous staff management/supervisory experience
Capstone Insurance Search Group is a search firm dedicated to the insurance industry. We work nationally with expertise that spans top executives, middle management and technical level positions. We can provide assistance with a variety of product lines to include Property and Casualty, Life, Health, Disability, Annuity, Employee Benefits and Pension. Our services exclusive to the insurance industry: Traditional Contingency solutions, Contract Employees solutions, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Customized Retained solutions. We will provide you with a service that is of the highest degree of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity
Who To Contact
Scot Dickerson, CPC – President(515) 987-0242 x452
Facebook LinkedIn Google Plus Twitter Email Scot Dickerson, CPC
As a managing producer Scot is very active in his consulting with CSG’s clients on technical and executive level search projects. In addition, he spearheads the company’s alternative recruitment divisions: Contract Employees Solutions and Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO). Scot is also a current board member and past president of the National Insurance Recruiter’s Association (NIRA).
Scot is a lifelong Iowan and a graduate of Iowa State University in Ames, IA. Scot is passionate about health, wellness and fitness. Outside of work, Scot loves to travel with his family and is very involved with all of his children’s activities.