This dynamic retail insurance brokerage is seeking a true leader to manage one of their commercial lines property and casualty service teams. As the Commercial Lines Manager you will have an opportunity to influence and impact change, lead a team of insurance professionals, interact with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, and represent the firm as an expert in your field. They are in growth mode and need someone to provide top line strategy, bottom line financial projections, and world class subject matter expertise and training within the insurance industry.
The ideal components of a Commercial Lines Manager profile would include:
- Ability to balance communication between external stakeholders at carriers, vendors, clients, etc. and internal stakeholders on a diverse account management and client service team.
- Act as a liaison between the producer team and internal staff.
- Encourage producers to focus on new business development by providing extreme confidence in the infrastructure and team of professionals behind them.
- Provide strategic recommendations to leadership team for overall formulation of infrastructure, operational efficiencies, and training/onboarding for new employees.
- Involvement in the insurance industry through participation in external associations and events, forming and growing relationships with other subject matter experts to gain as much competitive intelligence on best practices as possible.
Commercial Lines Manager Requirements
- Previous brokerage experience with career progression strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in a management or leadership role with oversight of diverse account management, marketing, and customer service staff.
- Multiple insurance designations a huge plus (CIC, CISR, CPCU, ARM, etc.).
- Strong technical knowledge related to commercial insurance products, services, trends, technologies, and general terminology.