Commercial Insurance Director
Little Rock, AR
Our client is a multi-state insurance agency with an opportunity to join the firm in a senior management role. This is a leadership position managing several aspects of operations, sales and administration for the commercial practice. As the Commercial Insurance Director you will provide overall direction and guidance to the business management functions and relationships with insurance partners. You’ll focus on cohesion between the various insurance divisions like sales and marketing, maximizing efficiency in service offerings, oversight of resource allocation and profitability.
Commercial Insurance Director Responsibilities
- Operations: Implement profitability programs related to workflow and efficiencies in client service, risk management and technology; prepare budget plans and control spending when it comes to staff additions.
- Staff management: Guide employees in Best Practices, interpretation of policies and procedures, setting training and recruiting plans and conducting performance reviews of department managers.
- Sales management: Support the sales team through involvement in account and marketing negotiations as needed, contract reviews and due diligence on Mergers and Acquisitions into new or developing markets. Also create proprietary sales platforms identify niche specialties, value added resources and referral streams that aid in the success of new sales growth. This will also lead into marketing efforts to strengthen important insurance company relationships, troubleshoot claims and client service issues; negotiate contracts and premium goals.
Commercial Insurance Director Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree or MBA is preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive career experience with a proven leadership track record with a large regional or national insurance brokerage. This is not a production oriented role, so your success should be more focused on agency management, employee development and marketing rather than individual production.
- Entrepreneurial approach to business management; ability to work closely with the executive team to implement business plans, monitor workflow and employee performance, tailor corporate initiatives into each insurance practice and pursue acquisition opportunities.
- Able to handle the operations side of running an agency including insurance company negotiations, financial management, developing bank relationships and participating in budget and staffing planning.
Capstone Insurance Search Group is a search firm dedicated to the insurance industry. We work nationally with expertise that spans top executives, middle management and technical level positions. We can provide assistance with a variety of product lines to include Property and Casualty, Life, Health, Disability, Annuity, Employee Benefits and Pension. Our services exclusive to the insurance industry: Traditional Contingency solutions, Contract Employees solutions, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Customized Retained solutions. We will provide you with a service that is of the highest degree of confidentiality, professionalism and integrity.
Email this Job
Who To Contact
Scot Dickerson, CPC – President(515) 987-0242 x452
Facebook LinkedIn Google Plus Twitter Email Scot Dickerson, CPC
As a managing producer Scot is very active in his consulting with CSG’s clients on technical and executive level search projects. In addition, he spearheads the company’s alternative recruitment divisions: Contract Employees Solutions and Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO). Scot is also a current board member and past president of the National Insurance Recruiter’s Association (NIRA).
Scot is a lifelong Iowan and a graduate of Iowa State University in Ames, IA. Scot is passionate about health, wellness and fitness. Outside of work, Scot loves to travel with his family and is very involved with all of his children’s activities.